Gut Oberstockstall's long history dates back until 1150 when Sighardus von Stochestale passed on the property to the royal canons of Passau.
The canon Christoph von Trenbach's preserved code of arms proves that he had the main part of the castle built in renaissance style in the 1540s.
In 1869, salt merchant and vessel owner Franz Salomon and his wife Elisabeth acquired the manor Gut Oberstockstall.
GUT OBERSTOCKSTALLS'S HISTORICAL EVENTS 1150-2020
1150 - Gut Oberstockstall became the residence of the canons of Passau when Sighardus von Stochestale passed on the property.
1310/20 - The gothic chapel was built when Gut Oberstockstall’s importance increased with the residing royal canons who held the commission of the main cellarer.
1540s - The canon Christoph von Trenbach had the main part of the castle built in renaissance style. His code of arms is well-preserved and still above the front door.
During the same time, an alchemist laboratory was built. It was found by Fritz Salomon and later excavated by archeologists in the 1980s and turned out to have had the most extensive inventory of its kind.
1806 - After the secularization of the church, Gut Oberstockstall became property of the Austrian ‘Hofkammer’ or royal chamber.
1860 - Gut Oberstockstall became property of the National Bank.
1869 - Franz Salomon, vessel owner and salt merchant and his wife Elisabeth acquired Gut Oberstockstall at an auction.
1972 to 1983 – Grandfathers, Josef Jamek, and Fritz Salomon, not only planted Grüner Veltliner, but also Traminer, Pinot Noir, Riesling and Chardonnay.
1987 - Eva Salomon, daughter of Josef Jamek establishes the restaurant Gut Oberstockstall which is today run by her youngest son Matthias Salomon and his wife Elke.
1997 - Birgit and Fritz Salomon take over the property including the manor and 100 ha of agricultural surface.
2005 - Organic certification
2010 - Demeter certified
2014 to 2018 - The renaissance wing of Gut Oberstockstall was carefully renovated by Birgit and Fritz Salomon and now holds 7 guest rooms.